Exploring the Most Populous Communities in Fulton County, Georgia

Atlanta is the largest city in Orange County, with a population of 488,800. Over the past decade, Fulton County has seen a surge in population growth due to migration from rural Georgia and the relocation of major corporate giants to the county. Before that vote, North Fulton, which is predominantly Republican, and members of the state legislature had discussed the possibility of forcing residents of South Fulton to become a city in order to force Fulton County to abandon the municipal services business. Fulton County is governed by a seven-member board of commissioners, whose members are elected from single-member districts.

Some residents of the northern suburbs of Fulton have advocated that they be allowed to secede and reform Milton County, in honor of the county that was absorbed by Fulton County in 1932 during the Great Depression. Atlanta is the largest city in Fulton County, occupying the narrow central section of the county and thus geographically dividing the northern and southern parts of the county. In 1935, the City of Atlanta and the Fulton County Board of Commissioners signed a contract under which library service was extended to all of Fulton County. Nearly all major highways and all major interstate highways in the Atlanta metropolitan area pass through Fulton County.

Approximately 90% of the city of Atlanta is within Fulton County; the other 10% is within DeKalb County. On Thursday, August 12, 2020, the Census Bureau confirmed that Fulton County remains the most populated of Georgia's 159 counties and is the only county with a population of more than 1 million residents. Cities south of Fulton had the highest rates of population increase in the county over the past decade, according to data from the United States Census Bureau. North Fulton residents have been requesting a service to extend the North Line ten miles (16 km) along the Georgia 400 corridor, from Perimeter Center to the neighboring city of Alpharetta. In the second half of the 20th century, Atlanta and Fulton County became home to numerous national and international headquarters of leading companies, attracting highly qualified employees from across the country. Now that you know more about local cities in Fulton County, it'll be easier to choose which community is right for you. Fulton County has a total sales tax rate of 7%, which includes 4% state sales tax, 1% SPLOST (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax), 1% housing exemption and 1% MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority).

Known for its growing economy and luxury living, Fulton County has become a hub for major corporations and is home to several affluent communities. Whether you're looking for an urban lifestyle or a suburban one, there's something for everyone in Fulton County. With its diverse population and vibrant culture, it's no wonder why so many people are choosing to call this area home.

Leave Message

Required fields are marked *